Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

Introduction

This blog is intended to serve as a record of my thoughts on the nature of the salvation offered to mankind through Christ. What can we know, believe, or opine about the possibility of damnation? What can be said about proposed statistics of salvation? What is settled dogma, what is open to debate, what is unknowable in this life?

Some of the posts will be copied from my principal blog, Disputations. Some will be fresh attempts at synthesizing my opinion. There will be a series responses to Hans Urs von Balthasar's Dare We Hope "That All Men Be Saved"?, which has probably done more than any other contemporary work to promote the idea that hell may be empty.

For now, there are no comments. This is, after all, to be a record of my thoughts, of what I've drawn from conversations I've participated in, not of the conversations themselves. I can't put all my thinking into a single post, and at this point I think I'm better off trying to lay it out in an orderly fashion than responding to comments and challenges as they might occur to readers. But there's always email.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?